Saturday, June 30, 2007
Posted by DaCraftyLady at 12:32 PM
Monday, June 25, 2007
Posted by DaCraftyLady at 4:09 PM
Monday, June 18, 2007
Here I am at my knitting group with my butterfly dishcloth I just finished and my hat I made. it was "show n tell" time and we all had something to share!
And here we are on the way to the yarn shops on our field day. What a grand day that was. Yarn Yarn and more Yarn. Here we come!!!
Posted by DaCraftyLady at 5:48 PM
Monday, June 11, 2007
Posted by DaCraftyLady at 5:00 PM
Friday, June 08, 2007
Posted by DaCraftyLady at 7:45 PM
Friday, June 01, 2007
And thanks to blogger Crochet and Other Stuff I learned that The 2008 Crochet Pattern-a-Day calendar is finished and I have not 1, not 2, but 3 patterns in the calendar!!!! I can't wait to get my copy! I found out which of my pattern submissions made it, since the Table of Contents was available to view. I was so excited to find this out and be included. This is my first time so I am pretty proud. My purses that are in the calendar: Allie-Cat Purse, Ocean Breeze Evening Bag, and On-The-Go Sunshine Bag. The 2008 calendar is not for sale yet, but it can be ordered at Amazon.com.
Check out the calendar for the 2008 CPAD and call for pattern submissions for 2009, many pattern titles sound interesting...I will have to get busy and design some more patterns to submit for the next calendar...
Posted by DaCraftyLady at 4:35 PM
Ok, Let's play Tag:
The rules: This is a fun tag game. Each blog that is tagged needs to write on their own blog 9 random facts about themselves. Those who are tagged need to write those 9 facts as well as the rules of the game on their blog. Then you pick 9 of your favorite blogging friends and tag them and include their names and blog addys under your "random" facts. Next you will leave those you plan on tagging a note in their comments so they know that they have been tagged and to read your blog. That's it! So include your blogging friends and make new ones and get tagging!
1. I live in Southern CA now but I was originally born and raised in upstate [Buffalo] New York. I moved to CA the first time in 1971 and was married with 2 kids. I then made trips back and forth from NY to Buffalo, across the USA 10 times. I finally settled, for good, here in Southern CA where I now live.
2. My first career I worked in the retail business as a meat wrapper for 12 years; and then I was an insurance Bodily Injury adjuster for the next 12 years; my last and present career I decided to become a grade school teacher. I guess your never too old to learn something new!
3. I married my DH 2x. [The love of my life] The first time around we were not prepared, but this time is the best time of my life! You know what they say, "If you don't suceed the first time around, Try Try again!" It works!!!!
4. I attended Woodstock in 1969. Yes.. Yes I was a hippy then, but I am.. what is it called now??? Oh yes... a "Yuppie" now! LOL...I must say that the experience was not fun, there was no food, no water, and no bathrooms. I actually slept under a semi-truck to get out of the rain..What things we do in our youth!
5. I collect Marilyn Monroe memorabilia and have her pictures and items all over my computer room. Of course I also collect Garfield so she has to share the spot light with him, too!
6. I used to own horses when I was around 12 years old and then in 1989 I got horses again for about 13 years when I lived in an equestrian town and I wore a cowboy hat and cowboy boots and danced a good two-step, too.
7. I used to own a "Curio" shop across from a college in Buffalo, NY in the 1970s. It was so much fun and I made crafty things. One thing I made was a nail art picture [remember them?] Anyways, one of my first orders for was from a motorcycle gang and when they came in to order it from me I almost cried I was so scared. But, I later found out that they were actually pretty business like and fun to talk to. Now... remember I was very young at the time!
8. I just started on my first pair of knitted socks! I am so excited that I can hardly stand it. I have bought Cascade # 220-Kauai and can't wait to see how they turn out.
9. I love to read, when I am not knitting or crocheting. Reading mystery and thrillers is my main passion, but I love Debbie Macomber books also. I am a nut about trying to figure out plots the spookier the better! I am also a big Harry Potter fan.
Now for who I tag. Hope you don’t mind.
Mary's Little Craft Corner
Crochet and Other Stuff
Karen's Knitting and Crochet Parlor
Yarns and Musings
Patts Creations Madness
Miss T's Mystery House of Yarn and Horror
Posted by DaCraftyLady at 2:41 PM