Saturday, December 29, 2007
Posted by DaCraftyLady at 10:00 AM
Sunday, December 23, 2007
Friday, December 21, 2007
Here is my questionnaire for the mitten swap at No More Hum-Drum Mittens blog:
How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? well about 20+ years and I learned from my mom, I am a much better crocheter, however I have been knitting more so I thought this swap whould be good practice for me. :)
Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced? I guess I would have to say intermediate
What are your favorite colors? mainly in the red family, burgundy, pinks, and I also like blues and greens, any color is ok with me
Any you dislike? not really, maybe ??? nope none
Do you like Latvian type patterns? OH YES!!!!!
If so, what are your favorite patterns? any one of these will do. :)
Do you desire mittens for yourself, your "special someone else" or your child? for meeeee
What is the measurement from your wrist to the tip of your longest finger? my wrist is 6 1/2", and to the tip of my index finger is 8 1/2"
What is the circumference of your hand at it's widest point? 8 1/2"
What other things do you enjoy knitting? hats, scarves, and purses
What sort of needles do you enjoy working with? (straights vs circs, bamboo vs aluminum) bamboos, circulars
What’s one project you’ve not yet tried but are dying to make? socks
What’s one yarn you’ve not yet tried but are dying to work with? mohair
What other hobbies do you have? Do you spin? Sew? Garden? Cook? sew, garden and cook, I also love to work with beads and design bags
Besides yarn, do you collect anything? oh my way too much, Marilyn Monroe stuff, key chains, book marks, cat stuff, and tea items
What kind of goodies do you enjoy? Sweets? Salty? I love chocolate especially dark
Anything you hate or are allergic to? no not really
Do you have any kids? Pets? yes 1 dog and 1 cat and fish inside and out
What is your favorite part of Winter? the first snow fall, even though I am in So. CA I can go up to the mts and enjoy the seasons, it reminds me of where I was born in upstate NY, but I can come back home to the warmth... :)
What is your least favorite part of Winter? all the slush on the roads and I don't like the cold wind chill factor, you can never get warm enough...
Posted by DaCraftyLady at 10:48 AM
Monday, December 10, 2007
Here is the best party of the year! When my local group gets together for the annual Christmas Party Exchange. I really needed this party to give me a quick "brain" break from my son's accident. It really was a wonderful few hours of escape and allowed me to breath a little easier... :) I won a wonderful basket full of yarn, lighted crochet hook, I have been wanting one for some time now, and a new knitting book...with a little teddy bear Christmas ornament. And check out the yummy treats and cookies!!! Thank you everyone for such a great party!!...
Posted by DaCraftyLady at 11:21 AM
Monday, December 03, 2007
Posted by DaCraftyLady at 1:40 PM
Wednesday, November 28, 2007
Sunday, November 25, 2007
Posted by DaCraftyLady at 9:46 AM
Saturday, November 17, 2007
On TnChick's blog is a fun "photo" game for every Saturday. You post a photo from your own stash of the current theme. Today it is " I love______?"
Posted by DaCraftyLady at 8:34 AM
Wednesday, November 14, 2007
Saturday, November 10, 2007
Posted by DaCraftyLady at 9:22 AM
Thursday, November 08, 2007
Posted by DaCraftyLady at 9:52 AM
Wednesday, November 07, 2007
Now I have to stop and continue trying to clean up this office/computer room/swap room???? And I just got some new plastis drawers to put upstairs to hole some of my WIP projects. But I need about 20 more!!!
Posted by Calcrochetnut at 3:19 PM
Monday, November 05, 2007
Then while reading about King Tut and how he is on exhibit for the first time in over 3000 years Sunshine's blog discusses more on it and then I found this clip from "...meet the parents" and remembered all over again how much I really loved that movie....I found this one on The 3R's blog and just love it.
What I Learned From My Mother (and I honestly remember hearing quite a few of these phrases when I was growing up)
1. My mother taught me TO APPRECIATE A JOB WELL DONE. "If you're going to kill each other, do it outside. I just finished cleaning."
2. My mother taught me RELIGION. "You better pray that will come out of the carpet."
3. My mother taught me about TIME TRAVEL. "If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!"
4. My mother taught me LOGIC. " Because I said so, that's why." (This one really happened)
5. My mother taught me MORE LOGIC. "If you fall out of that swing and break your neck, you're not going to the store with me."
6. My mother taught me FORESIGHT. "Make sure you wear clean underwear, in case you're in an accident."(I love Bill Cosby's bit about this: "Mothers are always worried about whether you're wearing clean underwear in case you're in an accident. But if you're in an accident, it doesn't matter, because you're going to have soiled underwear. Because first you say it, and then you do it!")
7. My mother taught me IRONY. "Keep crying, and I'll give you something to cry about." (This one really happened too.)
8. My mother taught me about the science of OSMOSIS. "Shut your mouth and eat your supper." (This one makes no sense!)
9. My mother taught me about CONTORTIONISM. "Will you look at that dirt on the back of your neck!"
10. My mother taught me about STAMINA. "You'll sit there until all that spinach is gone."
11. My mother taught me about WEATHER. "This room of yours looks as if a tornado went through it."
12 My mother taught me about HYPOCRISY. "If I told you once, I've told you a million times. Don't exaggerate!"
13. My mother taught me the CIRCLE OF LIFE. "I brought you into this world, and I can take you out." (OK, I know this one actually is from Bill Cosby.)
14. My mother taught me about BEHAVIOR MODIFICATION. "Stop acting like your father!" (That was never a good thing...)
15. My mother taught me about ENVY. "There are millions of less fortunate children in this world who don't have wonderful parents like you do."
16. My mother taught me about ANTICIPATION. "Just wait until we get home."
17. My mother taught me about RECEIVING. "You are going to get it when you get home!"
18. My mother taught me about MEDICAL SCIENCE. "If you don't stop crossing your eyes, they are going to freeze that way."
19. My mother taught me ESP. "Put your sweater on; don't you think I know when you are cold?" (Yes, this one really happened too)
20. My mother taught me HUMOR. "When that lawn mower cuts off your toes, don't come running to me." (OK, this is one she never said)
21. My mother taught me HOW TO BECOME AN ADULT. "If you don't eat your vegetables, you'll never grow up."
22. My mother taught me GENETICS. "You're just like your father."
23. My mother taught me about my ROOTS. "Shut that door behind you. Do you think you were born in a barn?"
24. My mother taught me WISDOM. "When you get to be my age, you'll understand."
25. And most important: My mother taught me about JUSTICE. "One day you'll have kids, and I hope they turn out just like you!" (My dad calls this "revenge.")
The Good Napkins, or The Importance of Being Honest
My mother taught me to read when I was four years old (her first mistake).One day, I was in the bathroom and noticed one of the cabinet doors was ajar. I read the box in the cabinet. I then asked my mother why she was keeping "napkins" in the bathroom. Didn't they belong in the kitchen? Not wanting to burden me with unnecessary facts, she told me that those were for "special occasions" (her second mistake).Now fast forward a few months.... It's Thanksgiving Day, and my folks are leaving to pick up my uncle and his wife for dinner. Mom had assignments for all of us while they were gone. Mine was to set the table.When they returned, my uncle came in first and immediately burst into laughter. Next came his wife who gasped, then began giggling.Next came my father, who roared with laughter. Then came Mom, who almost died of embarrassment when she saw each place setting on the table with a "special occasion" Kotex napkin at each plate, with the fork carefully arranged on top. I had even tucked the little tail in so they didn't hang off the edge! My mother asked me why I used these and, of course, my response sent the other adults into further fits of laughter. "But, Mom, you said they were for special occasions!" Isn't it easier to just tell the truth?!?
Posted by DaCraftyLady at 5:25 PM
Wednesday, October 24, 2007
Tuesday, October 09, 2007
I picked up my crochet stuff from the LA Fair with my ribbons. I got 4 red and 1 white ribbon!!! I am now going to to make sure I think of some special projects to make for next year's fair. It was a lot of fun and exciting to see the items in cases and having others look at them. I was mighty proud...
Posted by DaCraftyLady at 5:20 PM
Wednesday, September 26, 2007
Tuesday, September 11, 2007
"F" is for Fish! I love fish and found this video ion YouTube that is too addicting....Now recently I had a Koi Fish pond put into my yard and we now have an oasis in our yard. It is filled with plants, rocks and 7 Koi fish. In the house I have an 85 gallon tank with 4 huge fish in there. 2 Albino Oscars, 1 Black Shark, and 1 Plecostimus. They range from about 10" to 17" long. The Oscars actually jump up and grab their food can when I feed them.
Now my outside fish are now being trained to come to one area to eat and I drop a few morsels in the water daily.
Posted by DaCraftyLady at 6:25 PM
Friday, August 31, 2007
This is Morro Bay's Coastline, just north of Pismo Beach. Isn't it just beautiful?
I was tagged from Pooch...it looks like a fun Meme....I love Scattergories...when we were on vacation my DH said he would not play any board games, but my son and his girl and I convinced him to play "Scattergories" and guess what? Yup...he loved it...
The rules are: Use the first letter of your name to answer each of the questions.They must be real places, names, things ... nothing made up!If you can't think of anything, skip it.You CAN'T use your name for the boy/girl name question.If your name happens to start with the same letter as mine, sorry, but you can't use my answers!
So join in the fun...
My name: Debb
1. Famous Singer: Dillon
2. Four letter word: Drat [Used to express annoyance]
3. Street: Donald Douglas Dr [in Long Beach, CA where I live]
4. Color: denim
5. Gifts/Presents: Dresses
6. Vehicle: Dodge
7. Things in a Souvenir Shop: Dolls
8. Boy's Name: David
9. Girl's Name: Debbie
10. Movie Title: Daddy Daycare
11. Drink: Dr. Pepper
12. Occupation: Dentist
13. Celebrity: Demi Moore
14. Magazine: Disney Magazine
15. U.S. City: Denver
16. Pro Sports: Dallas Cowboys
17. Fruit: Dates
18. Reason for Being Late for Work: Dizzy from being too hot out
19. Something You Throw Away: Dirty Diapers
20. Things You Shout: Darn it!!
21. Cartoon Character: Donald Duck
TAG! If you're reading this and want to Participate, then you're tagged! It's fun to do! Thanks, Pooch!
Posted by DaCraftyLady at 9:14 AM
Thursday, August 30, 2007
- Dh birthday is on the 4th and so is mine..add and it = 8
- my duaghter's birthday is on the 18
- my son's birthday is on the 28th
- my younger son's birthday is on the 8th
- my grandson was born in the 8th month
- my older granddaughter's birthday is the 28th
- my younger granddaughter's birthday is the 8th
Ok so do you think the number "8" is a lucky number for me??? Or does it all mean something? I don't know for sure but I am going to play the lotto and guess what number I am going to use??? Yup the number "8"!!!!
Posted by DaCraftyLady at 9:07 PM
Tuesday, August 28, 2007
It’s based on the movie with Helen Hunt and Kevin Spacey in it called ‘Pay It Forward’.Here’s how it goes:I promise I will send a handmade gift to 3 random people who leave a comment on my blog requesting to join this "Pay It Forward" exchange.This isn’t a huge gift, just a little something to lift your spirits that I have made. I don’t know what that gift will be yet and you may not receive it tomorrow or next week, but you will receive it within 365 days,[probably a lot sooner] that is my promise! The only thing you have to do in return is "pay it forward" by making the same promise on your blog to send to 3 other people. That's it! So do comment here and see if your one of the lucky 3 and then put the same on your blog and let's see how far this really goes....???
Posted by DaCraftyLady at 7:34 PM
Monday, August 27, 2007
Posted by DaCraftyLady at 12:40 PM
Thursday, August 23, 2007
Posted by DaCraftyLady at 10:05 AM
Wednesday, August 22, 2007
oh yeah I found a terrific Christmas organize place to help us all get ready.. Its never too early...And heres a cool "Knit Along" blog that you might like to join too!!
Posted by DaCraftyLady at 2:01 PM