This is Morro Bay's Coastline, just north of Pismo Beach. Isn't it just beautiful?
I was tagged from Pooch...it looks like a fun Meme....I love Scattergories...when we were on vacation my DH said he would not play any board games, but my son and his girl and I convinced him to play "Scattergories" and guess what? Yup...he loved it...
The rules are: Use the first letter of your name to answer each of the questions.They must be real places, names, things ... nothing made up!If you can't think of anything, skip it.You CAN'T use your name for the boy/girl name question.If your name happens to start with the same letter as mine, sorry, but you can't use my answers!
So join in the fun...
My name: Debb
1. Famous Singer: Dillon
2. Four letter word: Drat [Used to express annoyance]
3. Street: Donald Douglas Dr [in Long Beach, CA where I live]
4. Color: denim
5. Gifts/Presents: Dresses
6. Vehicle: Dodge
7. Things in a Souvenir Shop: Dolls
8. Boy's Name: David
9. Girl's Name: Debbie
10. Movie Title: Daddy Daycare
11. Drink: Dr. Pepper
12. Occupation: Dentist
13. Celebrity: Demi Moore
14. Magazine: Disney Magazine
15. U.S. City: Denver
16. Pro Sports: Dallas Cowboys
17. Fruit: Dates
18. Reason for Being Late for Work: Dizzy from being too hot out
19. Something You Throw Away: Dirty Diapers
20. Things You Shout: Darn it!!
21. Cartoon Character: Donald Duck
TAG! If you're reading this and want to Participate, then you're tagged! It's fun to do! Thanks, Pooch!
Friday, August 31, 2007
Posted by DaCraftyLady at 9:14 AM
Thursday, August 30, 2007
- Dh birthday is on the 4th and so is mine..add and it = 8
- my duaghter's birthday is on the 18
- my son's birthday is on the 28th
- my younger son's birthday is on the 8th
- my grandson was born in the 8th month
- my older granddaughter's birthday is the 28th
- my younger granddaughter's birthday is the 8th
Ok so do you think the number "8" is a lucky number for me??? Or does it all mean something? I don't know for sure but I am going to play the lotto and guess what number I am going to use??? Yup the number "8"!!!!
Posted by DaCraftyLady at 9:07 PM
Tuesday, August 28, 2007
It’s based on the movie with Helen Hunt and Kevin Spacey in it called ‘Pay It Forward’.Here’s how it goes:I promise I will send a handmade gift to 3 random people who leave a comment on my blog requesting to join this "Pay It Forward" exchange.This isn’t a huge gift, just a little something to lift your spirits that I have made. I don’t know what that gift will be yet and you may not receive it tomorrow or next week, but you will receive it within 365 days,[probably a lot sooner] that is my promise! The only thing you have to do in return is "pay it forward" by making the same promise on your blog to send to 3 other people. That's it! So do comment here and see if your one of the lucky 3 and then put the same on your blog and let's see how far this really goes....???
Posted by DaCraftyLady at 7:34 PM
Monday, August 27, 2007
Posted by DaCraftyLady at 12:40 PM
Thursday, August 23, 2007
Posted by DaCraftyLady at 10:05 AM
Wednesday, August 22, 2007
oh yeah I found a terrific Christmas organize place to help us all get ready.. Its never too early...And heres a cool "Knit Along" blog that you might like to join too!!
Posted by DaCraftyLady at 2:01 PM
Wednesday, August 08, 2007
"C" is for Crochet!!!
Of course "C" would be for crochet for me as I am a "Crochetoholic"! But to further that, I have been crocheting for over 30 years. I started when I was about 9 years old when my mom, who was an excellent stitcher, taught me. She was always into crafts of all kinds and I admired her for her talents. I am glad to have taken after her and I have even taken it a step further with my desires to write patterns and design purses. Crocheting for me is a stress buster and a way to relieve my inner talents. I love to sit out back in my yarn listening to the birds adn water sounds while creating a new designed purse or making an project. It is peaceful and fulfulling and best of all I get to share my projects at "Show n' Tell" with my local group Stitch n Chicks that I formed a little over a year ago. There are 13 members now and we have so much fun with our chatting, munching, and discussing our projects. LEarning from each other has made a big pkus in our lives as well as making the new friends we would never have met had it not been for the club. I think crochet brings people together and making projects to share, swapping, learning from each other or just chatting online all has benefits for our souls. This Sept. I am proud to say I will be attending my first CGOA conference in Oakland with Priscilla, from my group, and I am so excited. So as alway I am off to crochet some more and making sure I have enough yarn for my vacation I leave on tomorrow. I love crochet!!!!
Posted by DaCraftyLady at 9:15 AM
Tuesday, August 07, 2007
All the years we have gone have been treasured memories and now that the kids are on their own, we have made it a vacation campout that we get together one time a year in August. It is fun to look back at the pictures of us and the fun things we have done there. I think that every family needs an annual place to get together and go to and build happy memories and a family tradition to pass on down the line. Bass Lake is ours, What is yours?
Posted by DaCraftyLady at 1:12 PM
Sunday, August 05, 2007
If you go to the link for Encyclopedia of an Ordinary Life you'll see some examples from the book and it will probably make more sense than me trying to reexplain what Bella Dia said on her blog. So please join me along with the others and chat about the posts and ;eave your comments! Be sure to post to Bella first and let her know if your going to join in.
Posted by DaCraftyLady at 5:00 PM
Wednesday, August 01, 2007
Posted by DaCraftyLady at 11:40 AM
- 1. The US national anthem actually has three verses, but everyone just knows the first one. I can attest to that
- 2. The total combined weight of the worlds ant population is heavier than the weight of the human population. So does that mean I don't have to diet?
- No piece of paper can be folded more than 7 times. And I neede to know that why???
- Walt Disney was afraid of mice. What a weenie!!! LOL
- The inventor of the flushing toilet was Thomas Crapper. Hmmm..so that's where that word came from???
- The number of people alive on earth right now is higher than the number of all the people that have died. Ever. Wow that means we are getting bigger???
- The average American consumes 1.2 pounds of spider eggs a year and eat 2.5 pounds of insect parts a year. Oh my ...my son would freak on this one as he hates spiders!!!!
- Men can breastfeed babies! ok all you men out there step up to the plate and help...RIGHT!!!
- Washington State has the longest single beach in the United States Long Beach, WA..WOW that is weird considering that it rains so much there you probably never get to the beach!!! LOL
- The largest living thing on the face of the Earth is a mushroom underground in Oregon, it measures three and a half miles in diameter. Now what kind of mushroom that is the question??? Do you think everyone there will start digging?
- The Population of the world can live within the state boundaries of Texas. So does that mean that no one wants to live in Texas now? I mean to have that much room for everyone else????
- 83% of people hit by lightning are men. So ladies what does that tell us????
- Alfred Hitchcock had no belly button for it was eliminated during surgery. I loved his movies, anyone else watch him?
- New Jersey has a spoon museum with over 5,400 spoons from almost all the states. Ok who is joining me to fly there to see this place????
- "Jaws" is the most common name for a goldfish. Uh Oh...we better watch out for those goldfish people!!!
- A cat has 32 muscles in each ear. And how many do we have??? The cat's have it!!
- Napoleon was terrified of cats. If only they knew...
- The state of California raises the most turkeys out of all of the states. Ok now I live here , but I was born in NY, so I can honestly say that I am NO Turkey!!!!!
- Dry fish food can make goldfish constipated. I really didn't need to know that..
- The reason firehouses have circular stairways is from the days of yore when the engines were pulled by horses. The horses were stabled on the ground floor and figured out how to walk up straight staircases. So the problem was what???? Did the horses fall down the stairs????
- More Americans have died in automobile accidents than have died in all the wars ever fought by the United States. I guess that has meaning??? It does prove that the protesters need to reavaluate, maybe....???
- A duck''s quack doesn''t echo, and no one knows why. Very interesting, but stupid!!!
- If a statue in the park of a person on a horse has both front legs in the air, the person died in battle; if the horse has one leg front leg in the air, the person died as a result of wounds received in battle; if the horse has all 4 legs on the ground, the person died of natural causes. Ok now everyone run to the park and chek out those statues..
- Titanic was running at 22 knots when she hit the iceberg. Wow she was cooking!!
- Mosquito repellents don''t repel. They hide you. The spray blocks the mosquito''s sensors so they don''t know your there . Ok and when they land on you where do they think they are????
- At - 40 degrees Centigrade a person loses about 14.4 calories per hour by breathing. so there is my perfect diet I'm moving to Alaska people!!!!
- The X''s that people sometimes put at the end of letters or notes to mean a kiss, actually started back in the 1000''s when Lords would sign their names at the end of documents to other important people. It was originally a cross that they would kiss after signing to signify that they were faithful to God and their King. Over the years though, it slanted into the X. I like that fact !!
- There are only 12 letters in the Hawaiian alphabet. Ok this one I actually knew after visiting Maui for 8 days in 05'. Its, M,N,A,P,
- In the 40''s, the Bich pen was changed to Bic for fear that Americans would pronounce it ''Bitch.'' I can understand the confusion it might cause????
- The average person will spend two weeks over their lifetime waiting for the traffic light to change. So we drive much too much scary huh???
Posted by DaCraftyLady at 8:51 AM