About Me-----Treasures Again----My Store----Etsy----Patterns----Handmade Products
-------------------------------------------------------

Someone once said -

"There comes a time in your life, when you walk away from all the drama and people who create it. You surround yourself with people who make you laugh. Forget the bad, and focus on the good. Love the people who treat you right and pray for the people who don't. Life is too short to be anything but happy. Falling down is a part of life, getting back up is living." Amen

===========================================



*************If you want to print or PDF any post, just click on the links at the end of that post**********

Sunday, May 09, 2010

Happy Mother's Day


So how was your Mother's Day?
I was taken to lunch at one of my favorite restaurants and visited by my daughter and son and g-kids...:)
I got flowers and lots of love!!!!
I remember spending time wiht my mom and now that she is no longer with us there is a void and part of me is sad that I cannot spend the day with her...but I still wished her Happy Mother's Day and have given her some time while remembering some of our fun times together.
One year we had a big picnic at the local park, I made potato salad and we made hot dags, the winde blew some of the hot dogs off the grill and we had to eat only potato salad...we laughed and mom told me she didn't feel like hot dogs anyways...she made me feel better and I loved her more for that....
Another Mom's Day she came over and we all went down to the Queen Mary and had lunch there. She was so excited because it was her special day and we were all together....I remember that they had a huge brunch and I felt sick afterwards because I ate so much....mom laughed a lot and we told some stories about past fun events. My kids were all ears to learn more about their "mom's" past....then we went back home and mom played cards with the kids and I got to rest up and watch a little TV...it was a perfect Mom's Day!!!

I think it's our memories that make it so special of just being a family together.... :)
Hope you made some memories today!!!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by, I really enjoy comments and try to answer everyone, become a follower and never miss any future posts. Be sure to check out my Etsy shop, the link is to the side!

"Crafting and Reading and Shopping, Oh My!"

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...