My sweet Allie cat died this past Saturday at the age of 20.
She had a long and good life, but I will miss her terribly. Prayers to Allie.....
Spooky Halloween Door Beads
You will need:
- 3 beaded necklaces for each strand hanging [48 necklaces-be sure they are the same length-needed for 16 hanging beaded strands]gold, silver and purple]
- 4ply worsted weight yarn[I used Red Heart] Orange, Black, Purple, and White
- wooden dowel 3/4"[JoAnns Craft store]
- 2 wooden ball ends to slip over dowel
- Aleena's Tacky glue
- DecoArt Twinkles Black craft glitter paint
- Hook size G or F
- Start by cutting a necklace anywhere between two beads-
- ch 8 1st Step: with one end of beads -begin to attach with a sc between the first and second bead- 2x, continue to sc between each bead to the other end,
- Next Step: -change colors-cut the 2nd necklace and start with sc 2x between the 1st and 2nd bead of the 2nd beaded strand,
- Next Step: repeat on the 3rd strand -changing colors again-
- Ending: You will end with a ch 4-5 and fasten off.
- You can make any color combination or make each strand all one color- Make 16 strands and weave in ends
- I used the black orange black on most strands-or purple- white -purple, or purple-black-purple-- mostly I tried to use Halloween colors. :)
- Next Step: I wraped the end of each bead strand with the 8 ch- around the dowel and knotted in place -I used black- sc around the dowel spacing each strand evenly to hold in place. -this keeps each strand from moving-
- NOTE: Be sure to leave abour 2 " at each end. Next Step: Put some glue inside each end ball opening and slip over both ends of the dowel.
- Let dry over night
- Last Step: paint the balls with the black paint. Let dry ....