About Me-----Treasures Again----My Store----Etsy----Patterns----Handmade Products
-------------------------------------------------------

Someone once said -

"There comes a time in your life, when you walk away from all the drama and people who create it. You surround yourself with people who make you laugh. Forget the bad, and focus on the good. Love the people who treat you right and pray for the people who don't. Life is too short to be anything but happy. Falling down is a part of life, getting back up is living." Amen

===========================================



*************If you want to print or PDF any post, just click on the links at the end of that post**********

Tuesday, August 07, 2007

B is for Bass Lake




"B" is for Bass Lake
where my family goes every year. We are going on Thursday....We will be camping there for 6 days and then going to Pismo Beach till Sat the 18th. Bass Lake is a family tradition for my family. We have been going there since the early 1980s. My son learned to ski there for the first time, my daughter got into an accident there and had to be rushed to the ER, [she is ok now] and my daughter and I even made a trip there one year, just her and I. One year I went there by myself with my dog and then my girlfrined came up and joined me. When we first started camping there it was in a tent, and we had to bring an ice chest to keep our food cold, and go to the store every day or two times a day to restock. we stayed on the dry camp ground side with no hook ups and only a sproket for water every 2 camp sites. We also had to use the public showers that were $.25 for 5 minutes. [now they are $2.50] And we also had to use a lantern to see. Now we have an 25' trailer and camp on the other side of the lake in a Resort RV campground with full hook ups and even watch TV by satellite!! Times have changed over the years
All the years we have gone have been treasured memories and now that the kids are on their own, we have made it a vacation campout that we get together one time a year in August. It is fun to look back at the pictures of us and the fun things we have done there. I think that every family needs an annual place to get together and go to and build happy memories and a family tradition to pass on down the line. Bass Lake is ours, What is yours?

2 comments:

  1. are you back from vacation? your spoiler is trying to contact you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello,
    We just got back...unfortuatly my router burned up while we were gone so I am dreading having to be on my hubby's old computer and it is not only slow it is also very ancient...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by, I really enjoy comments and try to answer everyone, become a follower and never miss any future posts. Be sure to check out my Etsy shop, the link is to the side!

"Crafting and Reading and Shopping, Oh My!"

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...