There is an unusual event happening in CA tonight...they are closing down the 405 frwy by Mullhullond Dr. It is the 1st time in over 50 years this will happen... lots of panic as this frwy isthe frwy and There are no alternative routes nearby that can handle the anticipated overflow, prompting state and regional transportation officials to warn of severe, multihour delays, above and beyond the usual hair-pulling, steering one of the busiest and runs from San Franvisco to San Diego...they actually have a name for it called,,,"Carmageddon" Everyone is warned to stay at home... it has an estimated 500,000 vehicles on a typical weekend that travel on wheel-pounding congestion for which Los Angeles is famous. Remember when Los Angeles hosted the crowd-generating Summer Olympics in 1984 the prediction of a traffic nightmare was dire enough to scare motorists out of their cars, leaving the roads less congested than usual. I for one do not live bear there so it will not affect my travel but it will some...
So you are staying home this year on vacation. Wehat can you do???
- read that book you have been meaning to read, tall glass of ice tea, phone off, a dish of cheese vubes, crackersm sliced apples
- shop for a few new plants, then redo that flowerbed
- rent 2-3 movies oldies but goodies and curl up on a comfty chair and watch them without guilt
- clean put that hall closet that really needs it
- go window shopping at a nearby mall and stop for a "kids" lunch of burgers and do some people watching
- reorganize your craft room
- sort through your greeting cards and organize them for mailing for the rest of the year, address the envelopes so all you have to do is mail them when the dates come around
- sort through all your photos and put them into albums
- organize all your files on your laptop
- go through your closet and try on the clothes you haven't worn in awhile and if you don't like the way they fit give them away then go to the store and buy new, you'll feel good and help someone out who may need them.
- go to a local Rest Home and volunteer an hour or two and read a story to the elderly or play a game of cards
- take time and visit a nursery you have been wanting to see
- stop by the local animal shelter and offer to walk a dog or play with a car
- sit on your porch or patio and with a cup of tea or ice tea and listen to the nature around you and enjoy just doing nothing more
- read some of those magazines you have stored away ...
Those are just a few ideas....with today's economy a lot of people cannot go away so enjoy you home and surrounding area where you live~!!
My blogging friend "Chatty Crone" posted this on her blog and I thought I would pass it on to my followers....I never knew this and I sure can't afford that ticket!!! WOW!!!
Have you ever heard of this law?
New Law: If a patrol car is pulled over to the side of the road, you have to change to the next lane (away from the stopped vehicle) or slow down to at least 20 mph under the posted speed limit.
Every state except Hawaii and Maryland and the D .C. has this law. In California , the Move-over law became operative on January 1, 2010.
A friend's son got a ticket for this recently. A police car (turned out it was two police cars) was on the side of the road giving a ticket to someone else. He slowed down to pass but did not move into the other lane. The second police car immediately pulled him over and gave him a ticket. He had never heard of the law.
It is a fairly new law that states if any emergency vehicle is on the side of the road, if you are able, you are to move into the far lane.
The cost of the ticket was $754, with three points on your license and a mandatory court appearance. Please let everyone you know that drives about this new law. It is true (see details at the following web address).
[Thank you Chatty for the tip]